Thursday, January 12, 2017

Allow Me To Introduce Myself


Hey, there. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm Donna, and I've been practicing Pilates for more than seven years and I've been a certified instructor for four years.

Growing up just north of Charlotte, I started dancing when I was two years old, so movement, balance, and flexibility have always been very important to me. When I went to college at Appalachian State, I began looking for opportunities to learn more about movement and strengthening my core. While in Boone, I picked up two Bachelor's Degrees (Spanish Education & Dance), a Master's Degree (School Counseling), and a Third-Generation Classical Pilates Instructor Certification. After graduating, my husband and I moved back down to the Lake Norman area.



As a Third-Generation Classical Pilates Instructor, I am two generations removed from Joseph Pilates. He's that guy to the right, and if his name didn't give it away for you, he invented the Pilates method. My Master Trainers (Marianne Adams and Rebecca Quin at App State), were trained by Romana Kryzanowska, who was Joe's protégé. Since earning my certification, I have been exposed outside of the classical style of Pilates through my time at Davidson Pilates and continuing education at App State.

If you've never tried Pilates, you should really consider giving it a shot. It's a type of exercise that truly strengthens your whole body. It can be very therapeutic as well.


I'm looking forward to using this blog to share my experiences in Pilates, and how it helps me find balance in other areas of my life. I'll also talk about how I try to seek overall health and wellness for my family by sharing life hacks, tips, and stories. With a toddler and seven-month-old, running and crawling around the house, trust me, there's no shortage of stories to share. Here's to chatting it up again real soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment